Anisimova Nadezhda Viktorovna, Candidate of biological sciences, associate professor, sub-department of general biology and biochemistry, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Oparina Olga Nikolayevna, Doctor of biological sciences, professor, sub-department of theoretical basis of physical training and sports, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Sugrobova Galina Alekseevna, Candidate of biological sciences, associate professor, sub-department of general biology and biochemistry, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Savina Ludmila Nikolayevna, Candidate of pedagogical sciences, associate professor, sub-department of general biology and biochemistry, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Background. Intensification of the educational process makes it critical to consider psycho-physiological features of a child’s organism, carefully follow the hygiene standards of training, and systematically improve professional competence of educators engaged in health protection. The purpose of this study is to estimate mental capacity parameters in 1–11 grade students at one of the innovative schools (grammar school) of Penza over a school day/school week.
Materials and methods. The performance parameters were considered as integral indicators of the functional state of the students’ central nervous system. As a correction test the researchers used the Anfimov’s tables adapted by the Research Institute of Hygiene of Children and Adolescents. The nervous processes lability was assessed by the tapping-test (according to Ilyin). The short-term memory level was evaluated by the potential to reproduce ten two-digit numbers. Significance of the results was assessed according to Student’s criterion (t-distribution). The testing of the school students was carried on with involvement of university undergraduates during their teaching practice.
Results. The authors state that the degree of body functional readiness to certain academic, labour and sporting activities is age-specific.
Conclusions. The study load at educational institutions should be distributed and classes should be scheduled according to students’ daily and weekly mental capacity curves.
1. Anisimova N. V., Monakhova N. E., Savina L. N. Aktual'nye problemy obucheniya fiziko-matematicheskim i estestvennonauchnym distsiplinam v shkole i vuze: sb. st. VI Mezhreg. nauch.-prakt. konf. uchiteley, posvyashch. 75-letiyu Pedagogicheskogo instituta im. V. G. Belinskogo [Topical problems of physical-mathematical and naturalscientific subjcts teaching at school and university: proceedings of VI Interregional scientific and practical conference devoted to 75th anniversary of Pedagogical Institute named after V. G. Belinsky]. Penza: PGU, 2015, pp. 252–257.
2. Anisimova N. V., Savina L. N., Makoveeva O. S. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region. Estestvennye nauki [University proceedings. Volga region. Natural sciences]. 2013, no. 1 (1), pp. 102–110.
3. Dubrovinskaya N. V., Farber D. A., Bezrukikh M. M. Psikhofiziologiya rebenka: ucheb. posobie dlya studentov vyssh. ucheb. zavedeniy [Psychophysiology of children: tutorial for university students]. Moscow: VLADOS, 2000, 144 p.
4. Savina L. N., Anisimova N. V., Sugrobova G. A. Universitetskoe obrazovanie: XVII Mezhdunar. nauch.-metod. konf. [University education: XVII International scientific and methodological conference]. Penza: Izd-vo PGU, 2013, pp. 409–411.
5. Savina L. N., Sakharova I. N., Anisimova N. V., Sugrobova G. A. Rol' sotsial'nykh, mediko-biologicheskikh i gigienicheskikh faktorov v formirovanii zdorov'ya naseleniya: VIII Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. [Importance of social, biomedical and hygienic factors in public health formation: VIII International scientific and practical conference]. Penza: PDZ, 2010, pp. 65–68.